DG Trade of EC announced this event.
ACTA – Stakeholders' Consultation Meeting
The Directorate General for Trade of the European Commission is organising a meeting on 22 March 2010, to inform and consult interested parties about the negotiation of a plurilateral Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA).
The goal of ACTA is to provide an improved framework for countries committed to intellectual property protection, in view of effectively addressing the challenges of IPR infringement today.
The purposes of the meeting will be to:
1) Inform stakeholders about the ACTA goals and the negotiation process so far;
2) Receive comments from stakeholders about their views (expectations or concerns) regarding ACTA.
Relevant information about the ACTA negotiations can be found at the External Trade website. A detailed written state-of-play of the negotiation is available at the same location.
Date: Monday 22nd March 2010
Time: 10.00 – 12:30
Location: Charlemagne Building, Room Alcide de Gaspieri - Rue de la Loi, 170 B-1049 Brussels
To register (pre-registration is required for security reasons)
- Please send an email with your name and the name of the represented organisation to TRADE-ACTA-MEETING@ec.europa.eu
- Due to the room capacity (approx. 350), participation will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. Presence of more than one person per participating organisation will also be conditioned to the total number of participants.
- Closing date for registration: 15 March 2010
- Please note: Admission is free. However, the European Commission is not able to cover travel or subsistence expenses for attendance at this meeting.
- Those unable to participate in the meeting and/or wishing to present their positions in writing may send their comments to TRADE-ACTA-MEETING@ec.europa.eu , no later than 22 March 2010.